This year’s World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP) came to a close last night. The Dutch player Steven “SvZff” van Zadelhoff was the big winner of the WCOOP Main Event!
“SvZff”, playing out of Malta, managed to stand alone after the final hand of the WCOOP 2017 Main Event, winning the first place prize of $1,624,502.27. Interestingly enough, there was no deal at this final table. The Dutch player, playing out of Malta, managed to surpass 1,803 players to win one of the most prestigious events of online poker.
This was a three-day event, with Steven being the chip leader at the beginning of the final table play. A look at his Tweeter account revealed that he really seemed to enjoy it, judging from his tweet the day before the final table action began:
Steven knocked out ‘romanoo64’ in 8th place, when his A♦K♣ beat his opponent’s pocket jacks thanks to a King on the river. He was also responsible for sending ‘GeoKarak’ to the rail, after beating the latter’s A♠Q♦ with T♣9♥, hitting a T-high straight.
Sometime later, Bernardo “Machadada RS” Rocha had A♠4♣ but run into van Zadelhoff’s A♦K♠. The community cards were of no help to Rocha, who had to settle with 3rd place (and his 12th cash of the series!). Steven then proceeded to knock out joshuah333 as well, getting his hands on that lucrative first-place worth $1,62 million!
WCOOP-79-H: $5,200 NLHE (Main Event)
Entries: 2,183 (1,804 entries, 379 re-entries)
Prize pool: $10,915,000
Places paid: 278
- Steven “SvZff” van Zadelhoff (Malta) $1,624,502.27
2. joshuah333 (Canada) $1,173,712.87
3. Bernardo “Machadada RS” Rocha (Brazil) $848,015.82
4. Alexandre “Cavalito” Mantovani (Brazil) $612,697.15
5. JeremiieLand (Austria) $442,677.47
6. Geokarak (United Kingdom) $319,837.87
7. Kekkhou (Finland) $231,084.73
8. romanooo64 (Thailand) $166,961.29
9. imluckbox (Thailand) $120,630.39